Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Adventure Begins!


   It all began last week when I was watching Giada at Home for hours. About 2 hours in, she had a guest on the show who is a bread baker in France somewhere. I would figure it out to be historically accurate in this post but the reality is that I just don't give a shit at the moment and it doesn't fully matter. If you feel sleuthy you can research it yourself. Here i'll help. She was French, Dark haired, Makes some kind of roundish bread that's been around for years, it has a "P" on it... got it? good. Go get your detective sauce on!
   Anyways, she was getting all deep about bread and talking about the dough like it's a fucking human and it hit me. I JUST WANNA BAKE BREAD ALL FUCKING DAY! At least I think I do at this moment...
   Cut to Monday: After spending the weekend with my two good friends who did nothing but encourage my ridiculous bread baking ramblings (People who spend a lot of time with me know better than to encourage my newest obsession, which changes every couple days) I found myself at Barnes and Noble. This isn't anything new... I go there almost every other day. (Mainly to get my coffee buzz on, but it also makes me feel really calm... and there are sometimes some gays there to creep on. Which is always nice.) I found a book that was too expensive (no worries I'm a member so I got a discount!) with nice pictures and just the right amount of pretension and talked myself into buying it. 
  Tuesday: Grocery Store trip! baking isle - Me and like 4 middle aged women who were looking super intense about confectioners sugar. 25 minutes and more money than I should be spending right now later I was home and there was only one thing left to do... make a mess in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment